About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Surgery day

We are headed out to the surgical center with Robby. Last week we learned that he has lost more hearing due to the development of scar tissue in the eardrum.  The doctor recommended removing his tubes and scraping out the scar tissue to clear the drum.  While I know that in the scheme of things this is minor, I hate seeing my little Koopa have to endure any surgery!

Robby has been brave about the situation. He is worried about the mask, but other than that has remained fairly level headed. He even hinted that he plans on "playing his cards right and getting a large milkshake for dinner."

Wish us luck with the surgery. We are hoping that some hearing will be restored, and that the procedure and recovery will be pain free.  I'll post an update when we are home. 

1 comment:

  1. My prayers to you. We know what this is like for him. Ned anything and all you have to do is ask

    ReplyDelete