About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Casted

Yesterday morning I was casted for a new socket. I'm counting down the hours until tomorrow morning when I am scheduled to try on my first check socket. I am not expecting it to be perfectly comfortable right away, but a girl can dream. Although the 45 minute drives to and from Elliot's office become frustrating, knowing that I am going to be receiving a comfortable leg makes the traffic (almost) worth it. 

Hamlet surprised me by being both well behaved and delightful throughout the appointment. The past few times I have had to see Elliot have not gone well on the behavior front. Thankfully yesterday he put on the charm and was absolutely delightful. (I think that my bringing along his favorite puzzle board along with a fresh box of Nilla Wafers certainly helped.)

Unfortunately, all of these efforts will be in vain if my insurance adjuster denies the prosthesis. I have yet to receive confirmation that my new leg has been approved, but we decided to roll the dice and start the process. I hate that it is always a battle! I am at the point where my leg is uncomfortable more often than I am comfortable. I am constantly having to pause to readjust and to relieve the pressure within the socket. I'm looking forward to receiving my new leg and readying for the insurance battle that lies ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment