About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Cold

The cold weather snap has been wreaking havoc on more than just our newly planted flowers. My body is tired and sore this morning. My leg was doing the jitterbug kick throughout the night because of those pesky nerve jolts. When I wasn't being zapped, I was trying to find both warmth and a comfortable position.

I knew that turning on the house heat would have increased my comfort, but I became stubborn. Not only did I want to keep my leg off, but I resented the thought of being cold enough in April to turn on the heat. Silly I know, but I made an arbitrary (yet firm) decision to not use the heat again until Fall. (Robby and Timmy's room both have heat panels which we turned on so that they wouldn't be cold, yet for some reason we decided to suffer it out.)

So I was true to my nonsensical dictate about the heat, yet I shivered most of the night. I eventually fell asleep huddled under piles of covers and comforters. I felt like I needed to be unwrapped this morning because I was contorted so tightly to retain the heat.  My muscles are sore because I was curled so tightly into a ball throughout the night. 

Hopefully I'll stretch everything out as the day progresses. I hate waking up and feeling sore by just moving! Getting old stinks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment