About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Timmy the Terrible returned

I have become anxious venturing into public settings with my little Hamlet. We are at the stage where his behavior is unpredictable, causing us to always feel on edge and nervous about what he may do next. Robby's class was scheduled for a field trip yesterday and I had volunteered, with the caveat that I would also be bringing Timmy, to chaperone. My anxiety was running high as I worried about Timmy's behavior and his possibly not only embarrassing me (to which I have become accustomed) but also his brother.

As I was cleaning up the shards of glass from the floor lamp Timmy broke, the phone rang with what I perceived as a stay of execution. Rain had forced the class to postpone their field trip. I knew that Robby was disappointed, but looking at my destructive little toddler, I couldn't help but feel relieved. He definitely had that mischievous, "I'm going to push the limits" grin.

Before nap time, and in addition to my floor lamp, my little tornado of destruction managed to break one of my favorite mugs and two pathway markers. As I was wiping down the wall to wash off the remnants of my coffee (which had been inside the mug), Timmy took the opportunity to crawl onto the kitchen table. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him reaching for the chandelier to swing Cirque De Solei style.

I scooped him off the table and carried him directly to his crib. I figured he was either going to nap or scream it out, but I needed a break before unleashing him back into the home. Thankfully he slept, allowing me time to clean up everything that was broken/ destroyed/ knocked over. When he woke up he was my normal cheerful and happy little boy.  Apparently Timmy the Terrible slipped away while he was sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment