About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Croup Day 2

With Timmy still battling croup, yesterday was a long day. My little Hamlet didn't feel well, yet he wasn't sick enough to stay still and just cuddle. I could tell that he wanted to play, but once he started his illness quickly took over. Instead of stopping, he just became frustrated and sad. When he becomes frustrated he cries and screams, which in turn exacerbates his croup.  Much of the day was spent spiraling through this unfortunate cycle. 

As the day progressed his breathing became more labored and his fever rose. An afternoon visit to the pediatrician resulted in both a breathing treatment to help restore his oxygen levels and a steroid shot.  I'm hoping that this will help to ease his symptoms as the virus runs its course. I hate seeing him uncomfortable, and watching him gasping to breathe is terrifying!

We had another rough night, but I'm hoping that the steroids will start to work their magic soon. I know that Timmy is as tired as I am, and we could both benefit from a restful sleep. Fingers crossed that improvement is seen today, and that my little toddler returns to his happy and mischievous state by tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment