About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Goats!

After more than two weeks, the rain and dreary weather has temporarily subsided. Sunday we were ecstatic to see blue skies and sunshine after seeing nothing but grey and rain. It was windy and cool, but we were all so happy to see the sun that we bundled up and ventured to the animal park. (Scott stayed home to bask in the quiet while watching a car race.)

Robby and his friend Jack ran around and played, only finding me when they needed a snack or more animal food. Although I know that it is normal for him to outgrow a Mommy companion, I have to admit that part of me was sad. I miss my little buddy.  Thankfully I have Timmy, who was my little companion as he went about happily exploring the zoo and play structures. He was so delighted to be playing outside that he didn't seem bothered that his brother wasn't around.

After flirting with the idea of feeding the animals, Timmy finally garnered the courage to approach the baby goats. (It helped that he was encouraged by Robby, who happened to stop by to pick up a bottle of water.) Seeing his brother feed the goats and wanting to be part of the action, Timmy took a small piece of food and carefully offered it to the animal.

He began to squeal with delight when the goat licked the food out of his hand. Despite his trepidation approaching the animals he spent the next 30 minutes meticulously feeding the baby goats, one piece of feed at a time, until our bucket was empty. It looks like history is repeating itself and that I will be spending countless hours standing in front of the goat stalls in the coming years.




No comments:

Post a Comment