About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Resetting the Fall Clock

It has been awhile since I've fallen. Unfortunately, I now have to reset the countdown because yesterday I took a tumble. I wasn't running or doing anything daring. I was simply walking (or trying to walk) up the stairs outside. I was lugging four gallons of bubble soap up to the door when I lost my balance. Thankfully nothing is broken, and I only managed to bruise my hand and my pride. I hate the vulnerability that comes from falling.

Despite my not so graceful saunter up the stairs, yesterday was a good day. My niece Tiffany is down for the week, which is providing a much needed distraction for Robby. The pair play beautifully together, and the lack of drama which has been accompanying his recent play dates has been refreshing. It is nice to see two kids playing and compromising without escalating to a fight.

Robby isn't the only one enjoying Tiffany's visit. Timmy has been delighted with her company. He has been full of energy and busy trying to distract and impress her with his toys, tricks and skills. He absolutely adores her, and watching her patience while playing with him it is apparent that the feeling is mutual.

Today is going to be really fun for the kids. Between cooking class, dressing like a cow and hitting every Chick Fil A in a 20 mile radius in the quest for free food, and playing at the pool, we will be busy but happy. Today is just the beginning of our week of adventures and summer fun. I hope everybody is ready for what I have been planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment