About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 16, 2016

No New Allergies

After an exhausting trip to the allergist, we still have no definitive answers about Timmy's recent hive outbreaks.  We did receive medical confirmation that the hives are not being induced by a food allergy, which leaves me with mixed emotions. On one hand it is nice to know that I am not inadvertently making him ill, but it also leaves the looming question of why the sudden onset. 

Timmy was a trooper through the testing and, although he was clearly miserable, was compliant and   It broke his heart to see him looking that way, so he decided to swing by the toy store on his way home. He arrived carrying a huge box containing a 2 1/2 foot tall car spiraling car track. It was the first time I saw Timmy smile in nearly a week.
sweet to everybody he encountered. By the time we left the office he was sore, exhausted and feeling sick. Wanting to know how he was doing and lacking the words to aptly describe what I was seeing, I sent Scott a photo of our little guy.

Because food allergies have been eliminated as the cause, we are beginning the steps to explore various auto immune issues. We don't know anything specific so I am trying to keep myself from speculating on the possibilities.  Dr. Google is a dangerous thing when it involves your child, and we are all better off if I just wait for the test results to show a clear diagnosis. 

In the meantime, we have a plan to treat his hives and he will hopefully be more comfortable soon. If we can stop the itchy outbreaks, I think he will start to feel better. I really miss my happy little Hamlet!

No comments:

Post a Comment