About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

It's Okay

I won't lie, yesterday was difficult. Today I am taking a deep breath and moving forward. In a way we are all living in our own version of reality, true to ourselves but probably strange and foreign to anybody else.  If I needed to try to explain or justify my feelings surrounding this election, then you wouldn't understand anyway and that is okay.

That's my point today; it's okay to disagree. It is okay to debate, tease and even gloat a little bit. If you want to sing "We are the Champions" at the top of your lungs because your candidate won the election then that is your prerogative.  But don't devalue the emotions and reactions from the other half of the population, the side that did not win the electoral college. This election was vicious and brought out the worst in our country. Unfortunately, it seems that the conclusion has not silenced the vicious rhetoric.

We all need to calm down, push the feelings to the side (yes, again I will rely upon avoidance) and move forward. Let's agree to talk with friends and family who understand our reaction to the election, whether it be on the side of victory or defeat. For the time being, I would like to see an end to the debate, the constant bickering and the fruitless attempts to change opinions. At this point, opinions are set and are not vulnerable to influence. Attempts to sway are only increasing the divide within our country. 

Later this morning I will be recording a podcast exploring the possible implications with prosthetic care as a result of the change in leadership. Of course we do not yet know definitely what will happen, but we will attempt to decipher the clues that have been given throughout the campaign. I hope that you will tune in and listen. Regardless of where you land on the political spectrum, information is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment