About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Emotional Overload

After a rough beginning of the week, things are starting to look up. The plague has lifted and, while we don't feel 100%, our routine is returning to normal.  Robby is back at school and Timmy is again content playing with his trains and blocks. My little Timmy becomes extraordinarily needy when he is sick. The fact that he is again allowing me out of his sight was the first indicator that he was feeling better.

In the past two weeks I have quit my job, accepted a new position and nursed everybody in the family back to health. I know that I should be walking on cloud 9, elated with these welcome changes. In reality, I am feeling overwhelmed and would prefer to hide and cry.

Of course, my emotions are probably fatigue induced. Not only does Timmy not let me out of his sight when he doesn't feel well, but he stops sleeping through the night. Getting up at 4 AM for three consecutive mornings has me running on fumes. So, I'm going to stop wallowing and start cleaning. . Whenever I feel like I need to regain control, I start with my house, and in this situation it could certainly benefit from a little attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment