About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 07, 2017

Toddler Dance Party

The weather this week has been horrible. I know that our garden will be happy for the rain, but my two boys have not been nearly as pleased. Both Robby and Timmy have been going stir crazy being stuck inside for the past few days. Trust me, Timmy being bored with pent up energy always equals destruction! I would be a wealthy lady if I received a dollar for each time I said "no" over the past 48 hours.

In an effort to break up the day and allow our little guy to release some energy, we decided to take him to his favorite indoor toddler playground. As soon as we drove into the parking lot I realized that we were not the only parents with the brilliant solution to curing a bored toddler. The place was packed and toys were at a premium. I ended up saying no and redirecting behavior more than at home. So much for that great idea!

With the indoor playground packed, we made our visit short and headed home. I cranked up the toddler songs and Timmy and I had a dance party in the living room. He was thrilled hopping and swinging around wearing only his diaper. I'm sure that we were quite the sight through the window, but for the first time in days he was happy and active. I have to admit, I even had fun letting go and being silly.  I think we'll be having toddler dance parties more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment