About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 21, 2017

Choo Choo Dreaming

Over the weekend Scott and I decided that it was time to transition Timmy out of the crib and into a toddler bed. He is still relatively small in stature, allowing him to fit comfortably within his crib. However, he is now over 3 and we recognize that he is now old enough to say goodbye to the crib. He is getting too adventurous to be contained within the confines of his baby crib. 

As soon as we made the decision to pack up the crib I started to scour Craigslist and yard sale sites. I knew exactly what type of bed I wanted to get him, and luck was on my side. I located the exact bed in my area for a fraction of what it would cost brand new in the store.  I was delighted, immediately committed to buy it and hopped into the car to pick it up. 

Timmy was absolutely gobsmacked with his new Thomas the Train bed. He squealed and giggled when we began to put it together, and spent the majority of the afternoon climbing on it while singing "choo choo." With as much as he was enjoying playing on it, we knew that he was going to love sleeping on it.  


We were wrong.

Apparently Thomas is a lot of fun during the day but it wasn't nearly as comforting at night as his crib. We spent hours carrying him back to his room and trying to convince him to sleep. It wasn't until Robby crawled into the bed to demonstrate how comfy and wonderful it was that Timmy finally agreed to join him. After a few more nighttime escapes, he finally fell asleep on Scott.  He was carried carefully and deposited into his new train bed for the night, with the hopes that he wouldn't wake up excited or frightened in the middle of the night.


Our best intentions of delighting Timmy with train filled dreams completely backfired. He woke up every two hours, casually walking out of his room and looking to start his day. I spent the night scooping him back up and reminding him that it was nighttime. He might have become too old and adventurous for his crib, but there was certainly something to say with him being confined.  Hopefully he adjusts better tonight, because I'm exhausted!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment