About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Hello from KY

Greetings from KY!

As predicted, walking away from my kids and into the airport was difficult. I could see the tears in Robby's eyes (and the fear in Scott's) as I said goodbye.  Timmy seemed fine with my leaving because he was excited to see the airplanes flying.  

Although leaving was hard, I felt energized and excited as soon as I walked into the hotel. I was immediately reunited with friends, and began to relax and feel the sense of normalcy that only comes from being in a group of other prosthetic users. For a few days each year, I am in the majority and those with all their limbs are oddities. 

The conference sessions and lectures are okay, but the topics only mildly change  and the information becomes tired after so many years. In my opinion, the best part of conference is being among my peers and networking with old and new friends. If you see me in the lobby, come over and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment