About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Winding Down

I have been fully engrossed in a project for work, leaving little time for fun over the past few days. Thank goodness Scott is home to take the reigns with Hamlet. While I've had my nose stuck in my computer Scott has been chasing Timmy around the house, visiting parks and trying to keep the chaos and destruction to a minimum.  I've made a lot of headway with the project, to the point where I feel like I can relax a little, so hopefully our Summer of Awesome can resume over the weekend. 

It is hard to fathom that this is Scott's last full week of summer vacation. It saddens me to know that our summer vacation is coming to a close. Next week he has to work three days, and then returns to the normal Monday through Friday schedule. The days have passed so quickly!

Last school year was a horrible experience for Scott. I witnessed him becoming frustrated, despondent and exhausted as he tried to follow the directives of a handful of new and overzealous administrators. The fact that 70% of his department resigned at the close of the last school year is an indication that he was not the only teacher experiencing issues! Fear tactics eventually wear employees down until they finally decide to seek greener pastures.

We received news a few weeks ago that the administrators have been transferred. I'm optimistic that the school culture will return to one conducive for learning and teaching. After seeing how last year broke him down I am hoping that this school year will be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment