About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 04, 2017

Low Key Weekend

This weekend was relatively laid back. Neither Robby nor Timmy were feeling fantastic, so we avoided grandiose adventures and opted instead to play at home. They weren't outright sick but were battling the sniffles and feeling blah. 

Instead of going to local community events we worked to turn our home into a winter wonderland.  Robby decorated the house and watched Christmas movies on the couch. Timmy and I baked cookies (one of his new favorite activities) and watched the Polar Express (numerous times). When the boys were busy playing I managed to cut and bake the pieces for our gingerbread train (minus cinnamon). 

It was nice to just relax and hang out with the kids. I wish that they were feeling a little stronger, but I am thankful that they weren't sick enough to have to stay in bed. Sometimes we all just need a low key weekend to rejuvenate, which is especially true when our lives are so hectic. 

Today the work week chaos resumes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment