About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 28, 2018

Emotions

This morning I am entering my third and final day of working the AOPA Conference in Vancouver. Yesterday was busy but productive, so the day moved quickly and I didn't have a chance to feel homesick. I'm hoping that the pattern will repeat itself again today. I love working conferences when I'm busy talking and networking with others. It is when the booth becomes slow that time seems to stand still.

When I haven't been working I have been glued to the television. The Confirmation Hearing has been both heartbreaking and frustrating to watch. I am ashamed of the circus in Washington DC.  

Like so many women across the country, the topic of sexual assault hits home. Wounds that have been covered and concealed are again raw with pain and emotion. I find myself on the verge of tears as I reflect upon my own experiences. I am a strong and independent woman, yet some memories can still bring me to my knees.  

Today is not the occasion for me to explore my own memories or emotions. Instead, I need to concentrate on the conference and my appointed tasks. Hopefully staying busy will help to keep my emotions at bay during this emotionally wrought time.

No comments:

Post a Comment