About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Blending In

I think it is safe to say that we are done with shorts for the year. The temperatures have been consistently falling, and the long range forecast continues this trend. I haven't completely packed away the summer clothes, but they are slowly being pushed to the back of drawers and onto the top shelves of closets.  

Timmy is having some adorable issues adjusting to the change in clothing. Frustrated by the different feel of his clothing, he works hard each morning to push his sleeves up to his elbows and to pull his pants above his knees. I know that it won't take long for him to adjust, but watching the transition is charming.

My little Hamlet isn't the only one who is adjusting to the winter wardrobe. With my wearing almost exclusively jeans, I have resumed blending in with a crowd. Wearing shorts and sundresses for the past few months I became accustomed to garnering stares and second glances each time I ventured into the community. After a summer of near-constant stares, it is eerily odd walking into a store and not being noticed. 

Like Timmy, it won't take long for me to adjust. Soon I won't even notice the absence of reaction or stares when I walk into stores. It is nice blending into a crowd and, while I prefer warmer weather, the anonymity is one of my favorite parts of the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment