About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 02, 2018

Reconciling Emotions

I'm so happy that today is Friday. While we don't have any plans for the weekend, I am in desperate need of disconnecting and relaxing. I'm still reeling from the drama with my brother, and I haven't had much of an opportunity to decompress.

My brother is in jail, which continues to stir the odd concoction of emotions of both relief and grief. I keep imagining him incarcerated and my heart breaks. Then I give myself a reality check about the individual that he has become and I am glad that he cannot hurt anybody. I continue to hope that this time will allow him to heal and begin to recover from his demons. I feel helpless because, when it comes down to it, nobody can fight this battle but him.  

Over the past few days, I have come to the realization that I am investing too much of my own energy into fretting and worrying about a situation beyond my control. I can't fix my brother, nor can I change his current situation. I need to focus on my own life and put my energies towards situations which I can impact. 

This weekend I am going to actively work towards relaxing and rediscovering my happiness. (The fact that I have to work to relax is an indication of how psychologically involved I have become with the situation.)  I have to reconcile the brother of my past with the present. I'm not sure how to do this, but I need to figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment