About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 18, 2019

To-Do List

Timmy's fever has been staying at bay, so yesterday I packed up and we headed to visit with my Mom for a few days. Hamlet was thrilled to see his Nana and to play with his cousins. Because the cousins are going away for the weekend with my sister and won't be around, Robby opted to stay home. 

I saw Robby's excitement and enthusiasm drain from his face when I broke the news that he wouldn't be able to see his cousins for more than a few hours on Wednesday. He has been looking forward to hanging out this weekend for months. He now finds himself struggling with feeling rejected and cast aside, even though his cousins' trip had nothing to do with him, so I agreed with his request to just stay home with his dad. Like me, Robby likes to avoid uncomfortable feelings. 

With Robby still in VA, Timmy has the spotlight of Nana's attention. He is basking in the limelight and being endearing and charming. With the exception of the purple shadows under his eyes, it is hard to believe that he was so sick earlier this week.  

While my mom is playing with and being entertained by Timmy, I'm going to start tackling her two-page to-do list. The weather is supposed to be warm so it will be nice to be outside for a few hours. Somehow, working on somebody else's list is always more fun than tackling my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment