About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Geocaches and Shirts

With the sun shining and the temperatures in the mid 70's, I could find no excuses to not take the kiddos to the park when they came to me with the request. While Timmy was delighted to play and climb at the playground, the big kids took off with my cell phone in hand in search of Geocaches. After only finding one treasure after 45 minutes of hunting, the playground was declared and dud and we moved to the playground in the next town.

I didn't really see the older kids much during the afternoon. When we arrived at the second playground the Crew grabbed a few bottles of water and headed off with my phone in hand. Timmy was delighted to run and play with new buddies until they returned- nearly 2 hours later.  If it weren't for the gnats loving to circle my head, it would have been a perfect day to be outside.  

Last night we created our traditional summer Cousin Crew tie-dyed shorts, which will be worn during our adventures. I was concerned that the kids are getting to an age where they would no longer want to wear matching shirts so I didn't bring up the suggestion. However, they ended up coming to me after dinner, asking to make their shirts. 

It's a good thing that we made shirts last night because I have our first Aunt Peggy Adventure planned for today.  Stay tuned for more details in tomorrow's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment