About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 14, 2019

Magic Show

Aunt Peggy's Sunsational Summer of Fun kicked off with a magical adventure. I woke up the big cousins and had them put on their official Cousin Crew summer tie-dye shirts before heading out on our first big adventure of the summer. They were barraging me with questions and pleas for hints as I drove to our mysterious destination. Per tradition, nobody was allowed to know where we were going.

Part one of our adventure began when we arrived at a massive all-you-can-eat buffet. The kids were gluttonous, devouring the smorgasbord and engaging in an ice cream eating challenge. Because Timmy isn't safe around buffets because of his allergies, he stayed with my Mom for the first part of our adventure. My Mom and Timmy joined us for part 2- a magic show.

The kids have never before experienced a magic show, and I knew it was the perfect adventure to kick off our summer. Timmy was excited to be part of the action, and it was fun to have my mom join us as well. Because it was a smaller show, some of the kids were called to stage to help the magician.

The first to the stage was Timmy, who experienced a severe case of stage fright. My typically busy, outgoing and entertaining little Hamlet stood on stage like a terrified little tree. He completely froze under the lights, refusing to move and too scared to help the magician with his trick. Timmy was so scared he even refused to accept the gift the magician offered him to thank him for his assistance. Thankfully the audience chuckled through the scene and Timmy unintentionally stole the show.  

After Timmy came back to his seat, Robby and Jacob were called to stage. Both boys were delighted to help saw a woman in half. Being able to participate and help with the trick was probably the highlight of the show for the boys.  

Timmy became bored with the show during the second act so I ended up walking through the lobby with him. Even though he abandoned the adventure early, it was fun having everybody together for our adventure.  









No comments:

Post a Comment