About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Sunsational Summer

Well, I suppose the laundry and the house clutter can wait. Yesterday morning Robby and Timmy asked to go visit their Nana (my Mom) and the Cousin Crew. With little hesitation, we packed up the car and headed back to Pennsylvania for a few days. I have a feeling that the trip between states will be traveled frequently during summer vacation.

The Cousin Crew were outside and filling water balloons when we arrived. Timmy and Robby bolted out of the car and an hour-long battle ensued. Only when more than 500 balloons were tossed and everybody was covered with water, grass clippings and mud, was the battle considered a draw.

The rest of the afternoon was spent playing outside, riding bikes and just being silly. Timmy was on Cloud 9 riding bikes with all of the big kids. I have a feeling it is going to be difficult to convince Hamlet to return to Virginia with me. 

In the evening we went for ice cream and I played card games with the Cousin Crew downstairs. I absolutely adore hearing the house resonating with squeals of laughter and uncontrollable giggling. It looks like our Sunsational Summer has begun!




No comments:

Post a Comment