About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 25, 2019

My Little Climber

I don't like Timmy running around the yard when the lawnmower/ weed wacker are in use. I suppose I have too many friends who have become amputees because of childhood accidents involving landscaping tools. In order to keep him safe, I try to keep him either inside or away from the house while the majority of the work is in progress.

Yesterday while Scott and Robby were busy with yard work, I took the opportunity to take Timmy on a little solo adventure. We have noted huge improvements in his behavior over the past week and I wanted to reward the positive changes. He has been asking to go to a rock wall, so I figured that it was the perfect time to grant his wish.

My little climber was ecstatic when I invited him to go to the rock wall gym. He sang "Baby Shark" the entire drive, and was smiling from ear to ear as he was getting geared up. He looked so little flanked by the massive rock walls of the climbing gym! Without hesitating, he started to scale the first wall.

Timmy is little, but he is persistent. It took him a few times to get comfortable with the ropes and to feel safe, but as soon as comfort was established there was no stopping him. He concentrated, worked, climbed and pulled his way to the top of the tall structures for 90 minutes. He would have kept going, but I was worried about the blisters on his hands and I didn't want him to overdo it.

It is safe to say that Timmy is the best climber in our family.










No comments:

Post a Comment