About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 03, 2019

Band Begins

Today is a big day for my not-so-little Koopa. He has his first rock band practice tonight, and he is filled with both excitement and nervous energy. Robby has been working diligently since his guitar lessons began and his music teacher feels that his skills are up for the challenge. I know that he will have a wonderful time, but I can't help but feel nervous for him. 

More than making music, I hope that Robby has a lot of fun and forges friendships with his new bandmates. It is always difficult walking into a new situation, but I know that Robby will do a great job. Even though he has only been playing for a little over one month, I have to believe that his music teacher would not have graduated him to performance band prematurely. It is hard for me to release my worry, but I need to trust that his skills are up to the necessary level. 

Wish my Koopa luck tonight!  Hopefully he will be grinning from ear-to-ear when I pick him up after practice.  I'll report back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment