About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 10, 2020

Growing UP

Even though the weather was favorable and unseasonably warm, I spent the majority of the weekend inside. Timmy wasn't feeling well (again), so he was content to play games and to watch Polar Express with me on the couch. I hate that he doesn't feel well, but I do love the extra snuggles and quiet time with my little guy.

While Timmy and I were resting inside, Scott and Robby spent a lot of time outside. The pair split and stacked nearly a cord of wood, setting us up for warmth for the rest of the winter. Of course, if the unseasonable warmth continues our need for fires will dwindle. (On an aside, I really wish we would have a huge snowfall this year!)

Facebook reminded me that ten years ago on Saturday we introduced Charlie Cat into our family. A photo of a three-year-old Robby, proudly snuggling his new kitten, popped onto my memory feed. My heart both leapt and sank simultaneously. How did a decade pass? 

Robby is growing into such a strong young man. Sometimes I am sad that he is growing up so quickly. But then I look at the person that he is becoming, and my sadness morphs into pride.He is an awesome kid, even if he is now taller than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment