About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 16, 2020

Social Distancer Professional

Scott's school system is officially closed until April 14th. Wow! We were anticipating a two week closure, but certainly not a month. Needless to say, he is delighted. 

Of course, having an unexpected month off does not necessarily equate a vacation. If parents take their kids to bounce houses, to the movies or to the mall during their unexpected school break, the benefits of minimizing exposure will be nullified. As the country is in meltdown over the concept of "social distancing," I'm sitting on the couch feeling like a seasoned expert. Perhaps this is my "hold my beer, we've got this" moment.

Because of Timmy's health, I have been living in quasi-quarantine for months. Social distancing is just another term for my ongoing reality. We can still go outside to play. We still go to parks, and he has recently discovered the joys of fishing. We don't go to play zones, restaurants or shopping. 

I am versed at working full-time while managing a preschooler and a cyber school student. There is definitely a learning curve, but eventually we found a workable new normal. You will too! If you need any insights or tips from a social distance professional, just reach out. I'm happy to share the resources and online opportunities that I have discovered. 

We are all in this together. Stay home, and let COVID-19 stop finding unwitting hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment