About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Caterpillar Love

Yesterday's excitement was courtesy of a caterpillar delivery. I had ordered a caterpillar to butterfly kit for Timmy's birthday, but it didn't arrive in time due to the cold weather. (The company needed to wait until the base temperature was warmer before sending the caterpillars so they wouldn't freeze in transit.) To the delight of my little explorer, the caterpillars arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon.

Timmy was beyond ecstatic with his new wiggly friends. He immediately placed them in a warm location and pulled up a chair to sit next to them. When I heard him say, "I'm so glad that you are here caterpillars," my heart smiled. All day he was running back to the kitchen to visit with his new pets. I hoped that he would enjoy watching the caterpillars morph into butterflies, but I underestimated his enthusiasm for our project.  

According to the instructions included with our caterpillar kit, the little crawlers will soon make their way to the top of the container and begin to form a chrysalis. About a week later, a beautiful butterfly should emerge. Fingers crossed our caterpillars are healthy enough to turn into butterflies!





No comments:

Post a Comment