About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 17, 2020

Friend

Scott and I have been debating whether or not to bring another furry family member into our family. We already have two cats, whom have bonded strongly with Robby.  Timmy is definitely a dog kid and has been asking for a dog for the past few months.  

 A few days ago Timmy was playing on my phone and somehow ended up on my Chewy app. About an hour later I received an email confirming my order for 40 lbs of dog food, a dog bed, a variety of pull toys and bones and an outside doggy hammock with tent. Since we don't have a dog (yet) I immediately cancelled the order. When I asked Timmy about the purchase, he simply smiled coyly and said that "Friend" (yes, he has already named his dog) needed food, toys and beds when he came home.

With Timmy's birthday approaching and the family's extended time at home, it feels like this may be the ideal time to adopt a dog. Not a puppy, but young enough to still enjoy playing and running with Timmy. Timmy is at the perfect age to meet his childhood furry companion. I have such a clear vision of him running, playing and cuddling with "Friend" that at this point, it feels like the decision has already been made. 


No comments:

Post a Comment