About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Ice Cream

Yesterday was extremely uneventful. My day was filled with work and meetings, which kept me busy and allowed the hours to pass quickly. Timmy wasn't feeling fantastic so he was content to watch cartoons and quietly play with his toys for most of the day. I hate when he doesn't feel like his typical energetic self. I'm hoping that he feels better today because, after spending all day yesterday in front of a keyboard, I could use some fresh air. 

Being on lock down is becoming more difficult. In addition to the frustrations of not being able to see people and the disruptions to our schedules, we are running into some very real implications of staying at home. Our grocery supply is dwindling and, much to the chagrin of all the boys, we are officially out of ice cream. (The horror!)  I've tried to schedule grocery delivery numerous times, but the slots are constantly filled. I have tried at different times throughout the day and night but I still have not found the magic time to submit the order. 

Looking at the positive, I assume that all of the delivery slots are taken because the majority of people are following the guidelines and staying home.  Hopefully this will soon all be a memory and life will return to normal. In the meantime, I'm going to pull the ice cream machine out of storage and start chilling the bowl. We refuse to allow a pandemic to keep us from our nightly ice cream treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment