About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Sunshine

The sun was shining and the temperatures were perfect for playing outside.  Timmy and I were able to spend a lot of time running, swinging and playing, which definitely helped the hours pass quickly.  Being outside and breathing in the fresh air lifted my mood and helped to recenter my perspective. 

The past few days have been a struggle.  Being inside, unable to really get out of the house because of the weather, caused my mood to sour and my fuse to shorten. I knew that I was on edge, but sometimes recognizing a situation doesn't undo the feelings. I was probably as grateful as Timmy for the beautiful weather.

It is easy to become frustrated with having to stay at home, but on days like yesterday, there was no where else I would rather be.It is amazing what the sunshine can do for my soul!




No comments:

Post a Comment