About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Storm

We had some wicked storms blow through our area in the afternoon, forcing Timmy and I to abandon our pool fun early. I saw the dark clouds rolling in and the trees began to sway, signaling that the predicted storms were imminent. I hopped (literally because I wasn't wearing my leg) out of the pool and covered it with the tarp and tent. We made it inside moments before the rain began to fall.

The storm was strong, with torrential downpours and high winds. I watched helplessly as our pool canopy collapsed and landed on our little pool. My heart sank because, from my vantage point in the house, it looked like the pool had popped. After the storm we surveyed the damage and, thankfully, our little blow-up pool was still intact. 

Scott managed to reshape our pool tent. Although it now has a hole in the roof and the metal is a tad wonky, it will still serve as adequate sun protection when we are swimming. It is amazing how relieved and happy I felt when I realized that the pool had survived. I think I am enjoying our daily swims as much as Timmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment