About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 10, 2020

iFly fun

I packed up all of the kids, including Timmy, and took them on an epic adventure over the weekend.  We went to iFly, an indoor sky diving tunnel. All of them were ecstatic, especially my little Hamlet. He has been dreaming of flying ever since he has learned to talk. 

I worried that Timmy would be scared, but his bravery shined throughout the experience. He happily donned the flight suit and the helmet. Patiently waiting his turn between Tiffany and Robby, he kept declaring "I want to do that" each time somebody flew. 

When his time finally arrived, he approached the tunnel without apprehension. His smile was so bright that I swear I could see it through his helmet shield. I couldn't hear him because of the fans, but I'm certain that he was giggling throughout the flight. 

After everybody had their introductory flight, the instructor brought each participant back into the tunnel to experience a high-flight with an acrobatic element. Robby and Jared were nervous but cautiously agreed. Tiffany, Jacob and Timmy eagerly jumped at the chance to soar higher. 

Timmy's acrobatic flight could be described in one word: adorable. The instructor scooped him under one arm, had Timmy extend both arms out like Superman and they flew around the tunnel. The flight left a permanent smile on my little super hero's face!

 





 

Timmy flying

Robby flying

 


No comments:

Post a Comment