About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Ill

Yesterday afternoon Scott came up from his basement office and went straight to bed. His color was ashen and his movements were slow. He quickly developed a fever, extreme chills which were followed by intense periods of sweating. I did my best to keep him comfortable while maintaining as much of a distance as possible. 

Unfortunately, Timmy started to vomit in the middle of the night. I stripped his bed, cleaned him up and tucked him into the air mattress I was using. I slept (or tried to sleep) on a blanket on the floor next to him. He is feverish and not feeling well this morning.

In the era of Covid, fevers become terrifying with possibility. Fingers crossed that everybody turns the corner quickly and that trips to the doctor are not necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment