About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Molly

 It was difficult packing up and heading home yesterday. It is always hard to say goodbye, but yesterday it felt especially profound. Molly, my Mom's sweet golden retriever dog, has been on a steady decline since she was diagnosed with cancer last year. Over the past few days, she took a turn for the worse.

Molly was happy when I arrived on Friday, excitedly greeting me and the kids with a wagging tail and a smile. On Saturday she was moving a little slower, but she enjoyed spending the afternoon outside as we all carved pumpkins. By Sunday she hadn't eaten all weekend and was not able to walk independently. When we noticed that she couldn't lift her head on Monday, we knew it was time. 

I left earlier than anticipated because I did not want the boys around when she was taken to the vet. Not only did I want to spare them the experience, but I knew that my Mom did not need to worry about anything except Molly. Molly has been a faithful and loving friend for more than a decade. Because Molly is her last dog, I knew that saying goodbye was going to be especially bitter for my mom.

When we were saying our usual goodbyes, I made sure to tell the boys to spend some time with Molly. I let them know that she was getting ready to go over the rainbow bridge. We all loved on her before we left.

After we started our drive home, my mom packed up Molly and took her to the vet. The doctor agreed that Molly was ready. She was peaceful and calm, which is all we could have asked.  We will all miss Molly, but the void will be especially deep for my Mom. If you know her, please reach out and let her know that you are thinking about her. 





No comments:

Post a Comment