About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Mud Sliding

All of our snow has melted and our yard has become a semi-frozen mud pit. Undeterred by the turf conditions, Timmy was determined to play outside. Against my better judgement, we bundled up and headed into the mud yard.

It turns out that frozen mud is as slippery as ice. I was walking carefully, but I ended up slip n' sliding down our muddy sledding run. (With the exception of my pride, I wasn't hurt.) It happened so quickly and, once momentum caught me, there was nothing I could do but slide.

Timmy thought that my mud slide was a stroke of brilliance. After making sure that I wasn't hurt, he took a turn down the chute. Squealing with joy the entire way, he slide like a seal down the muddy hill. When he got to the end he ran up, covered with mud and grass, before wrapping his mucky little arms around my waste. "Momom, this is the best thing ever. Mud sledding is better than snow!"

After almost an hour of sliding, he was ready to come inside. He was stripped naked outside and his clothes were deposited directly into the washer. After a warm bath (which left a ring around the tub), he was cleaned up and smiling from ear-to-ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment