About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 11, 2021

No Snow

Our mud slide is frozen solid and covered with a sheen of snow and ice. We were hoping for 6 inches of snow. Instead we received freezing rain and a few flurries. So much for our snow day plans!

I'm bummed out that we are stuck inside today, but I think my leg will thank me for the down time. Sliding through the mud twisted my limb within the socket, and I have been sore and ouchy. I'm still mobile, but I definitely feel the slip with every step I take. I don't think a day of heavy sledding and snowball battles would have done my leg any favors. 

Although the chances are dwindling, I haven't given up hope that we will receive a huge storm this year. Unfortunately, today our wishes will not be granted. Instead of playing in the snow and sledding we will work through our respective to-do lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment