About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 08, 2021

Snowy Day

Yesterday was an exciting day in our family, and it had absolutely nothing to do with a football game. We woke up to beautiful snow flurries dancing through the sky and accumulating on the ground. Even though the snow wasn't predicted to stay long, it was certainly and beautiful while it lasted. After I slurped down my first cup of coffee Timmy and I dressed in our snow gear and headed outside to play.

We ended up with about four inches of wet snow.. Because we went out early, we were able to play for about 90 minutes before the flakes began to melt into slush. We certainly made the best of the playing opportunity, and Timmy even managed to roll a nice size snowman.

After we came in and warmed up, Scott headed out to his vaccination appointment. I have to admit that I'm jealous that he was vaccinated. (Because I work from home, I am further down the priority list.) Even though I haven't received the vaccine yet, I felt a rush of relief when he sent me the picture showcasing his vaccination card. For the first time in a year, I felt like a "normal" life may be within reach. 

Today we are back to school and back to our weekday schedule. We have more snow in the forecast for this week, so we are crossing our fingers that it materializes. If we are going to be stuck at home because of a pandemic, we might as well sled and throw some snowballs! 






No comments:

Post a Comment