About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Tired

We are in a stormy weather pattern, and my leg is feeling every little change. We are forecast to have a major snow storm on Thursday and, if my leg is any indication, I fully anticipate this storm to materialize. My leg last night was zinging and jumping for hours. Snow is fun to play in, but the impact on my phantom pain is no joke. I was miserable! 

I hate phantom pain nights, but they are more powerful when weather is the cause. If my phantom pain is from activity or a new socket, I can usually compress and stretch the pain away. When it is weather induced, I am forced to just "ride out the storm." 

I'm worn out this morning, but hopefully my coffee will work its superpower soon. Timmy has Circle Time and Art class, both of which require my assistance. I wish I could go back to bed, but that isn't in the cards for today. Instead, I'll keep the coffee flowing until I feel human again.

 Even though I'm tired, I'm feeling grateful that phantom pain is not my norm. I can't imagine living with this constant agony. My heart breaks for my amputee friends who suffer on a regular basis. I hope that research will find a solution soon, because so many people are hurting.


No comments:

Post a Comment