About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Ice

 For the first time in what feels like weeks, last night I slept well and without pain. Despite the storm moving into our area this morning, I was able to combat my phantom pain at the first jolt. When I felt the first twang of pain, I wrapped my leg tight (probably tighter than my doctor would prefer) and placed a heating pad on top of my limb. The combination of compression and heat worked the trick, stopping the pain and allowing me to sleep like a baby.

This morning I woke up to flurries and sleet. Throughout the day we are supposed to move to an all snow event before ending with another layer of ice. We have plugged in all of our power banks in the event that we lose power, which is being predicted throughout our area.  

The falling sleet sounds pretty, but it is going to keep me inside today. I love to play in the snow, but this mom doesn't do ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment