About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Bike Ride

After a rough few days post vaccination, I can honestly say that I finally feel like normal. I went the entirety of yesterday without a fever. My energy levels, which were zapped from the fever and vomiting, have rebuilt to my pre-vaccine norm. All things considered, emerging immunity feels fantastic!

The weather has been gorgeous, which has certainly helped me rest and recover. Timmy has been content rollerskating up and down our driveway while I relaxed and watched from my glider swing. Being able to just sit quietly, in the warm sunshine, has worked wonders for both my health and my mood. 

This morning I feel both strong and energized. Instead of sitting on the swing, I hope to sway Timmy to hop onto his bike to go for a ride with me. (I don't anticipate he will need much convincing, he loves to ride his bike.) Even though Scott and I are both vaccinated, we are continuing to follow all of the social distancing protocols. I have to say though, it is easier to stay home and away from people when the weather is this inviting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment