About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Leprechaun Gold

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  If you know me or have been reading this blog for any length of time, you already know that I love making holidays feel magical for my kids. When an opportunity to celebrate presents itself, I go all in. St. Patrick's Day is no exception.

Timmy meticulously crafted a leprechaun trap over the past few days. He worked with Robby to perfect his design and, when it was set last night, Timmy was certain that we would finally catch the leprechaun. Throwing myself into the activity, I found myself in the kitchen at 8:30 preparing a fresh batch of Leprechaun cookies for bait we thought that the baking smell might entice the leprechaun to visit.

Whether it was the cookies or the gold around the trap we don't know, but the leprechaun came to visit last night. He made such a mess in our living room! Pillows were thrown, chairs were turned over and toys were scattered everywhere. (We think that he must have been spooked by the cat and was trying to scurry away but we can't be certain.)

The trap was definitely activated, but the leprechaun got away. However, he did leave a small vial of gold and a scroll, commending the trap and our efforts. Needless to say, Timmy is overjoyed with his real leprechaun gold!

Can you believe that the leprechaun even made a mess in our bathroom? The water in the toilet was green, and towels were thrown all over the floor. When the toilet was flushed the water continued to flow green, so we can only assume that the leprechaun magic was really strong last night. (It was probably the cookies.)

Unfortunately, the magic helper (me) did not completely think through the toilet water scenario. I put dye in the bowl and dropped an Easter egg tablet in the tank, thinking that it would last throughout the day and would be a fun amusement. I failed to factor that the bidet draws from the same tank. 

I managed to spray my bum with bright green Easter egg dye. My bum is now bright green, and I think it will probably stay that way for a few days.  So much for my great idea!

 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment