About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 15, 2021

Leprechaun Hunt

 I have come to realize that I lead a boring and uneventful pandemic life. The highlight of my weekend was going to the park on a "leprechaun hunt" with Timmy. It was nice to be outside with a purpose, and to be doing something in the community. Even though we were socially distanced and never ran into other leprechaun squads, it was nice to experience a snippet of our pre-pandemic activities. 

Despite solving all of the riddles and completing all activities, we failed in our quest to capture a leprechaun. Those little buggers are sneaky and are nearly impossible to catch. I know we were close though, because we discovered the gold that he left behind. (Timmy was delighted with his newly acquired leprechaun treasure!)

Not only did we enjoy being outside during our quest, but I managed to log nearly two-miles on our hunt. I log a lot of miles throughout my normal day, but it is rare for my steps to be consecutive for an extended period of time. Just walking through the woods, following Timmy as he ran clue to clue, was surprisingly relaxing. 

Today the weather is chilly again, so we will probably spend he most of the hours inside. School work has piled up (again), and we need to chop the to-do list down to size. Have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment