About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 19, 2021

Return to School!

Well, we all survived Scott's first week back to the school building. Although he has been virtually teaching all year, on Tuesday he returned to school. He is now virtually teaching from his classroom instead of from our downstairs rec room. After having him home for an entire year, the quiet that came in his absence feels odd.

While I know that Scott was sad to return to his "normal" teaching location, I have to admit that I was happy for the transition. Having him teaching only one floor below us was incredibly stressful for me. I had to be constantly cognizant of our noise levels and our activities. It is nice to be able to sing karaoke, have an impromptu dance party, allow Timmy to roller skate through the living room or work on his spelling words cheerleader style without worry. 

Even though Scott has returned to his school, his schedule is still not at its pre-pandemic levels. He will still work from home every Monday and comes home early on Fridays. Hopefully next year everything will return normal, but for now, I'm just grateful for the small changes.

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment