About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Shot Sick

Unfortunately, Scott is experiencing the projected side effects to his second vaccine dose. He was okay this morning but began to fatigue as the day wore on. By lunch he was running a fever, complaining of a headache and feeling uncomfortable. Timmy and I tucked him into bed, brought him water throughout the afternoon and evening. 

After our work was done, Timmy and I spent the afternoon dancing and playing The Floor is Lava. (I tried to keep Timmy busy so that Scott could rest.) I am not sure where he gets his energy, but Timmy never seems to tire. We danced for nearly two hours and, although he was sweaty and panting, he could have kept spinning and twisting. 

I'm hoping that Scott is feeling better today. From what I have read and heard, the side effects to the second vaccine are short-lived. Even though he felt bad yesterday, I know that it is a small price to pay for the immunity he is developing.

I can't wait until I can feel the impact of my own vaccine shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment