About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 04, 2021

Spring Fun

Oh my goodness, the weather yesterday was gorgeous! Timmy and I worked throughout the morning, without a break, so that we could spend the afternoon playing outside. It was 60 degrees and sunny. Although I know it is a little too early to put away the winter coats, it certainly felt like Spring. The warm weather was exactly what I needed to feel energized and happy.

While I was busy drawing obstacles courses with sidewalk chalk and playing an outdoor version of The Floor is Lava, Scott continued to recuperate from his second vaccine. He started to turn the corner by mid-afternoon, and by the time he went to bed he didn't have a fever.  True to the projections, he was uncomfortable/ mildly ill for about 18 hours. It is definitely a small price to pay for the benefits of immunity!

Today it is going to be pretty again, but not quite as warm. I'm sure that we'll spend time outside when our work is done, but we will probably need to wear light jackets. Of course, jackets are an improvement over the heavy winter coats, so I'm not going to complain. Spring is definitely around the corner!




No comments:

Post a Comment