About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 05, 2021

On A Mission

 I missed snagging a vaccine appointment by mere seconds, but I'm not going to give up! Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) I will find availability near me. Now that my "group" has been cleared to be vaccinated, it feels like it is game time. While we still have to safeguard Timmy, who remains vulnerable to infections, I will breath easier knowing that I am protected.

Yesterday was spent trying to snag a coveted appointment, working and playing outside with Timmy. The weather was a little cooler but still bright and sunny, making it a pleasure to accompany my little treasure hunter in our yard. He hasn't given up on finding a million dollars buried in our woods and, as long as he keeps believing, I'll be there to help dig it up when it is discovered.

In the evening Robby had virtual home economics where he learned to make bacon cheeseburgers and baked french fries. I have really come to enjoy his Thursday classes for very selfish reasons. It is nice to not have to worry about planning, prepping and cooking dinner. On Thursday, all I need to do is sit in the kitchen to provide supervision and assistance as needed. He zooms with his class and they all cook together. 

Wish me luck snagging an appointment either today or this weekend. I am a lady on a mission!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment