About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 01, 2021

Weekend Wrap-Up

Another laid back weekend has passed too quickly. It feels like the Covid days are simultaneously dragging and flying by. Like just about every other weekend, we didn't do anything grand or exciting. I am beginning to accept that I live a relatively mundane and boring life.

The weather was miserable so we stayed inside and played. Timmy had a Saint Patrick's Day party online Friday night, where he learned both an Irish jig and how to draw a leprechaun. On Saturday we also broke out the science kits and made slime, invisible ink and dissolved an egg. Sunday was spent dancing around the living room and cooking treats in the kitchen. Even though we didn't do anything adventurous, we had a nice few days "unplugged" from the rigors of our school and work schedules.

After several days nursing an achy back, I can finally move without wincing in pain. I am still being careful, but it feels liberating to be able to move without hurting. Hopefully I won't experience another musical chairs injury anytime soon. Back pain is miserable!

 I am ecstatic that Scott goes for his second Covid vaccine this afternoon. He is happy to finally be vaccinated, but remains weary about possible side effects from the second dose. Hopefully he won't experience any of the side effects that we have heard so much about. (Even if he does become mildly ill, it is a fair trade off for near immunity!)

I'm still waiting for my appointment. Because I work from home, I know that I am much further down on the priority list. Even though the establishment does not prioritize me, I'm looking forward to receiving the call. I want to return to a semblance of normalcy from our pre-Covid world.






Timmy wrote Robby this note with his invisible ink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment