About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Farm Adventure

Yesterday was one of the best days that I have had in such a long time. The weather was perfect, mid 70s with bright blue skies, and the boys finished their schoolwork in record time. Left with a free afternoon under ideal conditions, I decided it was time for an adventure. We packed up and headed to our farm.

We haven't been to the farm since the season ended in 2019. I wasn't sure that Timmy would remember the farm, but as soon as we pulled into the parking lot he began to squeal. Robby, who is typically reserved and uninterested in family adventures, was excited to join in on the fun. 

Between completing the obstacle course several times and feeding the baby piglets and goats, we had an epic family adventure. I felt overwhelmingly happy to be at the farm with the kids. I knew that I had missed our normal outings, but I don't think I realized how depth of the loss. 

I wasn't the only one relishing our return to normalcy. After going down the slide with Robby for probably the 10th time, Timmy declared that he thought he might die because his "heart was going to explode with happiness." Hamlet nearly exploded with excitement when Robby surprised him with a mining kit so that he could pan for gems. 

After spending the afternoon sliding and playing, we were all tired by the time we arrived home. Even though we were worn out, we all kept smiling through the evening. Timmy is already counting the days until we can return to our farm for another adventure.  

Things are definitely looking up!












No comments:

Post a Comment