About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Bittersweet

I wish that we could have stayed and celebrated my Mom's birthday all day, but our schedules forced us to return back to Virginia. It is always so much fun to visit, and leaving is always bittersweet. I was glad to be home where I could tackle my projects, but I wanted to stay and spoil her all day. As we were pulling away from her driveway, Robby and I were trying to focus on the positive. It was sad to leave, but the fact that we can visit again is absolutely awesome.

I arrived home in time for a scheduled conference call, followed by some quiet time for me to focus and work. Robby had his cooking class in the early evening and prepared one of the best meals I've had in a really long time. I love his cooking class. Not only is he learning a life skill, but I get a night off from my dinner cooking rut. 

Timmy was quiet for much of the afternoon, content to be home and to play by himself. He was mischievous and chaotic during our visit and I think the energy expenditure caught up with him. Hopefully he will return to a more normal activity level now that we are home. 

Today we are back to normal and, yet again, trying to play catch up. I feel like the past few months I have constantly been falling behind and catching up. I wish we could just stay on pace, but I don't think that is in our cards this school year.  At this point, I'll take finishing as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment