About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 16, 2021

Homeward Bound (again)

The rain finally let up, allowing Timmy and I to play outside. I continue to be amazed by how being outside lifts my mood. Timmy had a blast rollerskating up and down the road, giggling as he rolled over the bumps and sped down the hills. It is so hard to feel overwhelmed when I am surrounded by his squeals and smiles. 

It has been a long week, and I'm  glad that it is Friday. My Mom's birthday is Monday, so the boys and I are headed up to visit with her for a few days. After a year apart, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude that we can resume our visits. Thank goodness for our vaccinations!

We don't have any great plans with my Mom, but it will be nice to just hang out and relax. I think she has some projects around the house and yard that she wants help completing. I really don't care what we do, I'm just glad that we are able to get together again.


No comments:

Post a Comment